This is the place for all the information about the pilgrimage walk through France, from Le Puy to Saint Jean Pied de Port.
1. Miam Miam Dodo
Translates as “Yum Yum Beddy-bye”, this definitive guide to lodging along the route is updated annually. Google Translate is your friend, and it’s not hard to figure out.
2. The Way of St James by Alison Raju (Amazon) comes in paperback and now on Kindle. Describes the route only, and interesting sites along the way. Very useful for sorting out those moments when the waymarks are confusing.
3. FFRG Guides (in French)
4. Outdoor Guides (in German)
5. Geneva – Le Puy (340 km)
1. Superb site! Lengthy (set aside at least an hour) photo journal with commentary – traveled by bike in Sept 2003. Start to finish. http://www.interam.com/camino/indexeng.htm
2. Something very powerful is calling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOTJHbwRj4&feature=related
3. Nice YouTube video (terrific audio) on the Le Puy route. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ch9jSaWkI
4. Video of LePuy to Conques (in French) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbkbzv_sur-le-cheminde-st-jacques-de-compo_trave
5. Blog in English of the entire walk from Le Puy to Compostela in 2010 – terrific pictures! http://slowcamino.wordpress.com/category/a-the-start/
6. (German) Geneva to Le Puy to Estaing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkPz4MtVNO8&feature=related
7. (French) Geneva to Le Puy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877YHJrErxQ
1. This site has the LePuy route, and the lodgings along the way, and the contact info. Everything need to make reservations. Quotes prices. Generally duplicates info from Miam Miam Dodo but online, and only for those lodgings with email and web sites: http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Selection/CarteFrance.html
More lodgings: http://www.chemins-compostelle.com/sommaire.html (French)
And more lodgings: http://www.haltesverscompostelle.fr (French)
2. Once in France, from Strasbourg. http://www.saint-jacques-alsace.org/chemin.htm
3. New initiative to Vezelay. http://www.af-ccc.fr/chemin
4. Luggage storage in Paris. http://www.bluemarble.org/ParisLuggage.html
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST
ROUTE PLANNING AND MAPS